BLAK & BLUE DANCE PROJECT
Mission Statement: Blak & Blue Dance Project is a non-profit entity that seeks to use creative expression through dance and other art forms to produce informative and socially conscious programs that promote community involvement, philanthropy, equality, and wisdom.
Dance for Minds is an empowering initiative to inform and inspire people across the globe to make their cognitive health a priority. Dance for Minds is presented by Maria Shriver and The Women’s Alzheimer’s Movement. Blak & Blue Dance Project is partnering with Maria Shriver to raise money, bring information and attention to the importance of caring for our most precious asset: our minds.
This is part of the three-month fundraising period (starting March 27) to create awareness about brain health and how we can protect our cognitive health with age.
Top 5 reasons to join Dance for Minds.
Upcoming Move for Minds - Dance Events.
1. Promote Awareness for Brain Health
2. Create Multi-Generational Family Connections
3. Encourage Philanthropy in Kids, Teens, and your Community.
4. Raise funds for Alzheimer's Disease Research
5. It's Fun and Rewarding
- MNR Dance Factory, Dance-A-Thon - May 5th, 4:30 PM
- Burbank Dance Academy, Inter-Generational Class - June 2018
Here’s what we will be doing and we hope you will be inspired to join the movement:
- Start a community inter-generational dance class once a month or maybe just start with one in June
- Have a Dance-A-Thon during the fundraising period and donate to Dance for Minds. (How many of us sold cookies outside of a market in the cold last month? This is much more fun!) Use the Dance for Minds website and tool box…have the kids get sponsors.
- Take some dancers to a retirement home in your area and let them perform and dance with the seniors. It’s mostly chair dancing with arm movement, so even the little ones can do it.
- Post your event’s pictures and videos on our Dance for Minds - Dance Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/danceforminds/
Create your own team under Dance for Minds here: https://donate.thewomensalzheimersmovement.org/Fundraise2018
Blak & Blue Dance Project and Joelle Cosentino's The Teen Company of New York teach Inter-Generational Dance Classes:
Bella & Gigi Dance for Minds with Seniors
Your video can appear here!
Links and References
Move For Minds
The Womens Alzheimers Movement
The Teen Company NYC
Chicago Dance Therapy
Speak directly to Roni Blak or Molly Lorenz about Move For Minds - Dance
Submit your event announcements, videos, and pictures